[postgis-devel] wktraster versioning

Kevin Neufeld kneufeld at refractions.net
Thu May 28 08:29:18 PDT 2009

Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> Pierre Racine wrote:
>> So first beta release should be 0.1.6... in september.
>>
>> Next version should be something like 0.2.4. Or 1.0.0 if we get out
>> from beta process.
>
> Since 1.0.0, the version numbering will follow well-known
> convention of major.minor.patch. Am I right?

I think he's saying that all tagged releases will follow the convention, even 0.1.6 when it gets released ... but not
trunk ever.

PostGIS does the same thing.  The rational is simply that it's a way to differentiate from a static tagged release and a
potentially unstable snapshot from trunk.

-- Kevin