[postgis-devel] Testing

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Fri Nov 6 14:39:31 PST 2009

Paul,

I'm not so concerned about that as weighing the benefit of the change (some
we had slated for 2.0) like the RFC...
verses the chance that its going to cause disastrous effects and the speed
at which you are fixing things.

Most bugs are discovered in production after all.  Even during beta
releases, people don't take things quite as seriously until you mark it as
production.  And if you mark something as production that isn't well --
people will trust you much less.

The probability of breaking something is high if you start throwing things
in rapidly, as you can't easily determine which change broke what.  Sorry I
guess my conservative engineering background is seeping thru :).

So perhaps I'm a bit too cautious and you are a bit too loose, and somewhere
in between is a nice middle ground.

Thanks,
Regina