[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #230: Put in costs in _ST and possibly other functions

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Sat Nov 7 08:09:49 PST 2009

On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 2:46 AM, PostGIS <trac at osgeo.org> wrote:

>  I also notice in your commit you've bumped the minimum PostgreSQL version
>  to 8.3 in the documentation, although isn't this actually a requirement of
>  incorporating the new geography typmod code as well as adding costs to
>  functions? I think any change that requires a minimum PostgreSQL version
>  change should incur a polite email to -devel for feedback rather than just
>  committing blind.

I really thought we had crossed that bridge when we agreed on
geography for 1.5. And yes, it's a requirement of both typmod and this
cost alteration so it seemed like a no brainer to start making sure it
was done.

(Though, in my spirit of "please, smaller more focussed tickets" I
should have ticketed the actual change instead of doing it as a side
effect.)

P.