[postgis-devel] New Distance Review

nicklas.aven at jordogskog.no nicklas.aven at jordogskog.no
Sat Nov 7 10:15:32 PST 2009

ok, I will try to complement the documentation. As Paus says I can put the algoritm description in the wiki. Do you want more from that Mark. There has become some more to describe like this subgeometry handling that I only described with a few words in #231. I will also write down a list of what I have done and why. How to give evidence for the testing I don't know. Some tests I have put in the regression tests. I have thought about making som sort of theme with descriptions about what functions is called at what situation but I guess doxygen satisfies most of that need if the code gets into the trunk. And just a comment about Pauls last post.The new algoritm as implemented in the spike is used when geometries bboxes doesn't overlap and no of the geometries is a point.Maybe it shouldn't be used for lines and polygons with just a few vertexes. I haven't really tested but it seems to be faster in most cases. It would be possible to use the new algoritm on one of the geometrie!
 s and iterate every vertex on the other, but I don't think that is worth the effort. I'll get backNo peace to expect Paul :-)  /Nicklas

My understanding is that the code is pretty modular and only activates