[postgis-devel] Mapping users in PostgreSQL

Jorge Arévalo jorge.arevalo at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 16:19:27 PST 2009

Hello,

I'm trying to map linux users with database users. When I rebuild
PostGIS source code, I'd like to perform "make check" with my user.

So, I have this line in pg_hba.conf file:

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD
   local    all                   all
                ident map=mymap

And in pg_ident.conf file:
# MAPNAME     IDENT-USERNAME    PG-USERNAME
   mymap           jorge                            gis

"jorge" is my Linux user, and "gis" is my database user.

But I always get an authentication fail if I try a direct connection
with "psql" and my user. The log file doesn't show any error.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Jorge