[postgis-devel] Multi-Lingual Docs

Olivier Courtin olivier.courtin at oslandia.com
Tue Nov 10 00:44:16 PST 2009

On Oct 24, 2009, at 2:35 AM, Paul Ramsey wrote:

> This project seems to provide a template for doing multi-lingual
> docbook in unified way, with a minimal amount of duplication (in
> particular, we want to avoid duplicating things like the diagram
> generation and the SQL code examples and so on across translations).
> [...]

> Thoughts?

Related to PgDay Europe (previous week) we found several
volunteers to begin a FR translate initiative based on the new
doc

Some technical thoughts:

  - It could be a good think to split the big reference.xml file into
    smaller ones to be able to parrallelize translation work easily
    (one file per familly function as Administration functions,
     geometry constructors...)

  - I suggest also to use XML entities as often as we can to factorize
some
    redundant Docbook code (SQL/MM compatibility, or 3D enabled for
instance)

HTH,

--
Olivier