[postgis-devel] 1.4.1rc1

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Wed Nov 18 09:04:58 PST 2009

Paul Ramsey wrote:

> I've placed a tar-ball here for testing:
>
> http://postgis.org/download/postgis-1.4.1rc1.tar.gz
>
> No announcements yet, this is a soft launch :)

I built this on an Intel Mac, 10.5.8, via pkgsrc (I am resurrecting the
postgis pkg) against postgresql 8.4.  There were various troubles
installing the postgis shared library (.dylib), plus a complain about
lwgeom static lib being included in a dynamic library.  After working
around things by hand I got it to build and pass make check.

I have a longer note being composed about the details, but I wanted to
mention that there seem to be issues on mac, and to ask if others have
been successful building on macs.  Aside from the mixing of .a/.so which
seems nonportable, I think all my troubles are about mac shared
libraries and pgxs support of those shlibs.