[postgis-devel] fix for memory leaks in shp2pgsql.c

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Fri Nov 20 04:08:11 PST 2009

Dave Fuhry wrote:

> Yeah, please do rework the patch; the NULL assignments were for me for
> debugging, to be sure that no later code was attempting to dereference
> a pointer after I had freed its memory.  The
> dereference-a-null-pointer attempt would cause an obvious crash.

Hi Dave,

I've just re-worked your patch, and also plugged several other memory
leaks in shp2pgsql I found whilst running a comprehensive set of test
runs through valgrind at the same time. Any chance you could grab the
latest 1.4 branch SVN, give it a test, and let me know if it passes your
tests or not?

Many thanks,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS