[postgis-devel] short question

Nicklas Avén nicklas.aven at jordogskog.no
Sat Nov 21 14:04:18 PST 2009

is type 0 for LWGEOM occupied by anything or could it be an idea to use it for empty geometries.
Then it would be easy to create any emtpy geometry. Like a generic empty geometry.

Or is there another way that I have missed.

When I have identified the empty geometries, in shortestline and it buddies I need to communicate that an empty geometry should be returned and the datatype is LWLINE and LWPOINT for st_closestpoint. I'm tempted to just make an LWGEOM with type 0. Is it a bad idea.

#define EMPTY 0
#define POINTTYPE 1
#define LINETYPE 2
#define POLYGONTYPE 3