[postgis-devel] OGR support for SQL Server 2008

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Nov 30 15:09:59 PST 2009

Paragon Corporation wrote:
> This is probably not the right forum, but figured I would ask anyway that
> someone here might know.  Does anyone know if there are plans in the works
> to support SQL Server 2008 spatial in OGR2OGR and how far off that is if
> there are plans.

In case you look for simple solution, here is shp2pgsql equivalent :-)

http://www.sharpgis.net/post/2007/12/23/Shapefile-to-SqlServer-2008-to-WPF.aspx

BTW, folks from ogr2gui seem to be interested [1] in SQL Server spatial
types, perhaps they are planning something :-)

[1]
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sqlspatial/thread/8008a3af-a61b-4d2f-9cac-c01dbecc7cef

Best regards,