[postgis-devel] Is ST_IsValid OGC or not OGC?

Kevin Neufeld kneufeld at refractions.net
Mon Oct 5 13:54:06 PDT 2009

Hi Mateusz,

Paul is correct - ST_Valid is not actually a defined OGC method, however the concept of validity is littered throughout
the specs.

Changing the wording is of no problem.  What would you recommend it be?  Perhaps something like:

"This method implements the concept of validity expressed in the OpenGIS Simple Features
Implementation Specification for SQL."

Cheers,
Kevin