[postgis-devel] ST_GeomFromGML

Olivier Courtin olivier.courtin at oslandia.com
Tue Oct 20 06:24:30 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I've just commited (r4668) a first version of ST_GeomFromGML function.

Some points to share with you:

   - XML parsing is based on libxml2 (as we discussed briefly at
Toronto)

   - If libxml2 not present on the system, the GeomFromGML is just not
     available (so not mandatory to compile PostGIS)

   - If found 'ST_GeomFromGML' cute enough (and It was named like that
     in the TODO), but in SQL/MM they defined 'ST_GMLToSQL'
     I add both theses prototypes entries, let me know if you have
better idea.

   - I still have to work on this function to finalize it, but it's
already usable
     for the most current GML parsing usages

   - Regina i'm curious about the unit tests result on your magical
GCC Fedora ;)

Enjoy,

--
OIivier