[postgis-devel] Geog/Geom Hack

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Fri Oct 30 18:46:48 PDT 2009

You *can*, but I strongly doubt you *will*. Because there's nothing in
geography that isn't already in geometry. So you as a primary geometry
user are going to have no working need to cast things to geography.

On the other hand, the very first question from users of geography
will be "how can I access <geometry function N>?" So having a
relatively full set of functions already available in geography makes
sense to me, even if they are hacked in with a planar trick.

P.