[postgis-devel] [postgis-users] Has anyone seen this before?

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Fri Feb 5 14:29:50 PST 2010

Okay just tried this and the problem is reproducible.

The goodtable
select count(*),  GeometryType(the_geom) from goodtable
group by GeometryType(the_geom)

count    Geometry Type
174007   MULTIPOLYGON

Repeat process:
create table badtable as select * from goodtable order by addr_num_tlid
limit 100000;

Same bizarre result.

Even more bizzarre  - I can do this

select GeometryType(the_geom) from ca1.ca_toscrub_hits_st_union1
WHERE GeometryType(the_geom) = 'UNKNOWN'
limit 1;

But If I try to do this

SELECT addr_num_tlid, GeometryType(the_geom) from
ca1.ca_toscrub_hits_st_union1
WHERE GeometryType(the_geom) = 'UNKNOWN'
limit 1

or this
SELECT addr_num_tlid from ca1.ca_toscrub_hits_st_union1
WHERE GeometryType(the_geom) = 'UNKNOWN'
limit 1

I get this error:

ERROR:  invalid memory alloc request size 18446744073709551613

Very puzzled Regina