[postgis-devel] Call for 1.4.2 and 1.5.1 (Handling of Invalid Geometries)

Kevin Neufeld kneufeld at refractions.net
Wed Feb 24 09:55:14 PST 2010

What if the shp loader were modified so that it didn't use addgeometrycolumn but rather apply the constraints *after*
the table was created and loaded.

The loader could keep track of the geometry types it inserts and add an appropriate common denominator geometrytype
constraint.

(I was going to suggest the loader could use populate_geometry_columns, but I just discovered a bug in the script when
trying to apply constraints to such a table.)

-- Kevin