[postgis-devel] PostGIS 1.5 beta2

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Fri Jan 15 03:28:24 PST 2010

Nicklas Avén wrote:

> Mark
>

> You were right that there was a permission problem for me. I gave my
> postgres user permissions on regress-folder and then 00-regress-install
> was created.
>
> But I still get:
>
> psql:postgis.sql:56: ERROR:  could not access file
> "/c/utv/src/pg15/regress/00-regress-install/lib/postgis-1.5": No such
> file or directory
>
> in log-file.
>
> in the folder regress/00-regress-install/lib/ the is the postgis-1.5.dll
> file. Is there a problem it doesn't use the dll-extension? I says it
> can't find postgis-1.5 istead of postgis-1.5.dll.

It shouldn't do - compare with the vanilla postgis/postgis.sql. Does
adding the extension suddenly cause it to work?

Interestingly enough I've seen the same error on Win32 before when
postgis-1.5.dll can't find one of its GEOS or PROJ dependencies.
However, these DLLs should be accessible to the backend as long as they
are in the PostgreSQL bindir. Does running depends.exe on
postgis-1.5.dll show anything unusual?

> What is giving the right exrension to the right platform?

PostgreSQL handles this automatically :)

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk