[postgis-devel] Feb. Code Sprint and WKTRaster?

Jorge Arévalo jorge.arevalo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 01:58:14 PST 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 4:00 AM, David Zwarg <dzwarg at avencia.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I will be participating in the OSGeo code sprint in February, and I would
> really like to help with the WKTRaster project in PostGIS.
>
> Where should I start to get up to speed with this project?  Will any other
> WKTRaster developers be at the code sprint?
>
> Thanks,
> David Zwarg

Hello David,

Have you ever used WKT Raster? If not, first read the documentation at
http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/WKTRaster/Documentation01

Then, get a copy from http://www.postgis.org/download/ (last
development snapshot) or from SVN

svn checkout https://svn.osgeo.org/postgis/spike/wktraster wktraster

And try to load a raster on database with gdal2wktraster.py script
(http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/WKTRaster/SpecificationFinal01)

After this, if you want to know what we are doing now (and how to
contribute on any task), you can have a look at Planning&Funding page
http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/WKTRaster/PlanningAndFunding

For further information on these tasks, you can go to
http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/WKTRaster/SpecificationWorking01

Unfortunately, I can't go to code sprint this time. I don't know if
Pierre or Mateusz can...

Best regards,
Jorge