[postgis-devel] A first request from WKT Raster folks to PostGIS ones

Mateusz Loskot Mateusz.Loskot at cadcorp.com
Thu Jan 21 02:08:02 PST 2010

Pierre Racine wrote:
> geometry_same(),  postgis_gist_sel() and postgis_gist_joinsel() are
> marked for deprecation in 1.5. Does this mean they will be removed in
> 1.5?
>
> Would it be possible to keep those functions so we do not have to
> release a version of WKT Raster for PostGIS 1.4.X and another for
> PostGIS 1.5.X? Is this a reasonable request?

Pierre,

I presume we will have to get used to it and WKT Raster will
need to specify required version of PostGIS.

At the moment, WKT Raster is sort of a client of PostGIS
and as every client, it has to follow changes in PostGIS API (C or SQL).

If WKT Raster will become a first class citizen of PostGIS and
will be released bundled with PostGIS, then the situation may
be even "worse". I suppose we will have to catch up with every
change in PostGIS as soon as possible.

Best regards,
--
Mateusz Loskot