[postgis-devel] Adding spec file to postgis SVN

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Tue Jan 26 02:47:48 PST 2010

Paul Ramsey wrote:

> Can the layout continue to be trunk/extras/rpm? I'd prefer not to add
> more things into the root.

If placing the .spec file under trunk/rpm is the standard location, then
I see no reason not to stick to it. Similarly, I wouldn't be opposed to
having a debian/ directory under trunk if it were requested. Given that
there is a manpower cost to creating packages for a release, I think we
should do everything we can to help downstream packagers.

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk