[postgis-devel] reassign owned to doesn't work with postgis operator class and class families

Nicklas Avén nicklas.aven at jordogskog.no
Mon Jun 14 02:07:38 PDT 2010

Hallo

I guess this is a postgresql issue, but wanted to check here first.

The function REASSIGN OWNED
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/sql-reassign-owned.html

returns error when PostGIS is installed. I found that it is the operator classes and operator familys giving the error.

the operator classes gives:
ERROR:  unexpected classid 2616

and the operator families gives:
ERROR:  unexpected classid 2753

There is no problem to change the owner by altering the objects, so if I want to assign all objects to user postgres and first run:

ALTER OPERATOR CLASS btree_geography_ops USING btree OWNER TO postgres;
ALTER OPERATOR CLASS btree_geometry_ops USING btree OWNER TO postgres;
ALTER OPERATOR CLASS gist_geography_ops USING gist OWNER TO postgres;
ALTER OPERATOR CLASS gist_geometry_ops USING gist OWNER TO postgres;

ALTER OPERATOR FAMILY btree_geography_ops USING btree OWNER TO postgres;
ALTER OPERATOR FAMILY btree_geometry_ops USING btree OWNER TO postgres;
ALTER OPERATOR FAMILY gist_geography_ops USING gist OWNER TO postgres;
ALTER OPERATOR FAMILY gist_geometry_ops USING gist OWNER TO postgres;

then I can run :

REASSIGN OWNED BY nicklas TO postgres;

without any errors.

I have only tried this with
postgresql 8.4.4

with PostGIS 1.5.1

Is it a postgresql problem solely? What makes me wonder is that  I tried a few searches with google and didn't get anything about it at a first sight. If it is postgresql I expect to find it mentioned all over internet, but I on't understand how it could be a postgis problem either.

I will also put a ticket about that we are not droping the operator families with postgis_uninstall.sql

Thanks
Nicklas