[postgis-devel] [postgis-users] TIGER geocoder with Census 2009 shapefiles

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Mon Mar 1 06:13:33 PST 2010

Richard,

To answer your question.  We kind of glossed over it in Step 4 when we say
run the create_geocoder.bat file.

As you can see we don't have a .sh equaivalent yet though writing one is
fairly trivial.

If you look at the file, you'll see the sequence of scripts you need to run
and the order you need to run them.

David,
Regarding your question about roads_local.sql, we don't believe that table
is used any more and got replaced with edges,addr and faces --
 if you look at the tables\lookup_tables_revised.sql  you'll see that we
remarked out sections of the original that we deemed to be obsolete and
added some new ones

Let us know if you have any other questions,
Leo and Regina

http://www.postgis.us