[postgis-devel] ST_asGML strictness

strk strk at keybit.net
Mon Mar 22 15:00:27 PDT 2010

Hackers,
I'm in the process of adding optional 'prefix' parameter
to the ST_asGML family of functions.

In doing so, I was thinking to just add the new parameter
to the end of the existing ones, but that would force anyone
willing to add a prefix to specify all args.

Not a big deal if NULL can be specified for any argument,
except that's currently not possible as the functions
are declared STRICT so any NULL parameter will result
in a NULL return.

Are you ok with dropping the STRICT definition ?
Or do you have other suggestions for the interface ?