[postgis-devel] [wktraster] Getting rid of warning

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Mar 25 16:09:43 PDT 2010

Pierre Racine wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I worked a little bit to get rid of some warnings but some still remain.
> Is there any way to get rid of:
>
>   rt_api.c:2958: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
>
> provoqued by lines like:
>
>   assert(! (((uint64_t)ptr) % pixbytes) );

Pierre,

This warning is safe to ignore and I'd even say that it's good
it is thrown by compiler, so we don't forget about some
fragile constructions.

However, if you're very unhappy with this warning,
replacing uint64_t with uintptr_t (C99 standard), should do the job.

Best regards,
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net