[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #533: [wktraster] Updates to the readme.txt accompanying WKT Raster experimental build

PostGIS trac at osgeo.org
Wed May 26 09:20:43 PDT 2010

#533: [wktraster] Updates to the readme.txt accompanying WKT Raster experimental
build
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  pracine    |       Owner:  robe
     Type:  defect     |      Status:  new
 Some updates for the readme accompanying the WKT Raster experimental build
 package

 1) Line 3 noting that you may need to replace geometry_gist_joinsel is
 obsolete since this ticket as been fixed.

 2) In the "loading raster data" part, we should mention that it is also
 necessary to download the GDAL binaries (gdalwin32exe160.zip) from
 http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/win32/1.6/ before installing the Python
 GDAL bindings.

 3) It is also necessary to install numpy from
 http://sourceforge.net/projects/numpy/files/ before installing the Python
 GDAL bindings.

 By the way it is a bit complicated to get from the PostGIS main web page
 to the Experimental build page... Maybe all Windows build could be in the
 same page. I know the PostGIS site is very limitating in terms of page
 structure. Maybe a table in the wiki would be a better place to make a
 complex page with all the option in the same page...

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/533>
PostGIS <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/>