[postgis-devel] Problems compiling PostGIS under MinGW

Jorge Arévalo jorge.arevalo at deimos-space.com
Thu May 27 07:55:11 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'm compiling PostGIS and all needed stuff in MinGW following this:
http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/UsersWikiWinCompile (BTW, I've made
two little changes in this wiki page).

My problem is starting postgreSQL server. If I execute:

/c/postgres/bin/pg_ctl.exe -D /c/postgres/data -l logfile start

I get the error message:

This application has failed to start because libpq.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem mingw

The dll file is in its place (/c/postgres/lib), and I've compiled
everthing, several times. I can't provide a log file because is not
generated

Any clues? Regina, I think you provide PostGIS Windows builds, what
enviroment are you using?

Thanks in advance, and best regards,

--
Jorge Arévalo