[postgis-devel] Make war on LWGEOM_INSPECTED

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Fri Nov 19 09:20:57 PST 2010

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 9:12 AM, Olivier Courtin
<olivier.courtin at oslandia.com> wrote:

> Ok, so i let you take this, will be difficult to me to done it that quickly,
> and yes cunit covers are good enough on theses ones.
>
> On my own i will then focus on part 2 of #658
> aka updating serialization for 2.0

Whoa! :) My understanding was that we were going to use GSERIALIZED as
our new serialization. So all our serialize/deserialize code is
written (though it will have to be updated for the struct updates) we
"just" need to turn it on (for geometry, it's already there for
geography), once we've cleansed all the non-API calls to the old
serialization from the code base.

Are you thinking about the turning on process? (ie, changing all the
references to PG_LWGEOM to GSERIALIZED and scrubbing that code?) whew,
I get a little breathless thinking about that.