[postgis-devel] distance calculations in dynamic number of dimensions

Nicklas Avén nicklas.aven at jordogskog.no
Mon Oct 18 14:48:59 PDT 2010

Regina

I think you are right.
I also thought about how to compare different units , but hoped someone
would say , there is ways to do it.

The function will give the vector though, as the difference of the first
and second point in the shortestline.

One situation when the different units maybe doesn't matter is to decide
if there will be a collision or not. I mean then the x, y, z distance
shall be 0 and also the time dimension. But i don't know if it works
that way, and it would be a little to narrow and tragic way of using it.

So, I guess we drop it for now, but keep in mind it probably is quite
easily possible.

/Nicklas