[postgis-devel] Cannot autoconf postgis from SVN (Mark Cave-Ayland)

Müller Kirill kirill.mueller at ivt.baug.ethz.ch
Sun Oct 24 23:27:41 PDT 2010

M?ller Kirill wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just spent a couple of hours trying to install PostGIS directly from SVN, on an up-to-date Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid). Here is what I did:
>
> - Install postgis prerequisites from Ubuntu archives
> - Checkout postgis from SVN (branches/1.5 and trunk, same problem)
> - Run aclocal from checkout directory
> - Run autoconf from checkout directory
>
> Resulting output:
>
> configure.ac:543: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROJ_VERSION
>       If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
>       See the Autoconf documentation.
>
> Running ./configure afterwards did not succeed.
>
> I am new to autoconf, so I was unable to further investigate this message.
>
> Below is the output of apt-cache policy.
>
> Thank you for your help.

Hi M?ller,

The supplied autogen.sh script in SVN should run autoconf/aclocal with
the correct parameters you need to generate a working ./configure script.

HTH,

Mark.

Thank you, Mark. This solved the issue.

The installation manual mentions this script. However, I would have expected at least a short note in the README file.

Best,

Kirill