[postgis-devel] SnapToGrid higher dimensions

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Mon Oct 25 03:33:08 PDT 2010

strk wrote:

> Uhm...
>  ST_SnapToGrid(the_geom, 0.01) snapping all dimensions ?
> X and Y might be lon,lat while Z could be meters...
> M go figure out what it is...

I don't see why we can't say that X, Y and Z are in the same coordinate
system, but I agree that M could be just about anything.

The thing to clarify here is that we need to ensure that M is *NOT*
treated as a dimension - it really is just an arbitrary unit attached to
the main geometry.

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS