[postgis-devel] ndims in 1.5 dumps (was: ST_ndims, was Geocoder geometry_columns)

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Fri Oct 15 00:15:52 PDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 11:49:50PM -0400, maplabs at light42.com wrote:

>   It appeared to me, without studying the problem, that ndims() was
> required by the dump/restore
> even though "all" of the old PostGIS was removed..

Robe was telling me the story about table constraints using ndims.
I belive she mentioned something about providing another .sql script
to add things like ndims and yet another to drop them.
Maybe postgis_restore.pl should take care of sourcing the additional
legacy file to allow for proper restore, run updates of the tables
to switch to typmod and finally run the file dropping the now-useless
legacy functions.

Of course this will make the script even more complex than it is..