[postgis-devel] SnapToGrid and 3D

Nicklas Avén nicklas.aven at jordogskog.no
Sat Sep 11 09:33:52 PDT 2010

I thought I should fix #584 quick by just using SnapToGrid to round the
coordinates but, SnapToGrid does not round the z-value.

It looks in the code like it is prepared for snapping z and m-values and
that it is just to open it up.

Maybe we should do that for 2.0?

As I understand it it is prepared all the way so the elimination of
duplicate vertexes after snapping is looking also at z and m to
determine if it is a duplicate.

The quick fix of the regression tests now is to extract x, y and
z-values separately and round them like numbers.

But I think we should open for snapping also the z-value.

/Nicklas