[postgis-devel] PostGIS 1.5.2 RC or beta anyone?

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Thu Sep 16 04:14:52 PDT 2010

Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:

> Folks,
>
> 1.5.1 was released on March 11, 2010, and it's been 6 months since then:
>
> I don't know what you are waiting for, but I hope you are not thinking
> of fixing every bug or you are not waiting for people finding new bugs.
>
> PostgreSQL 9.0 will be wrapped today, and I will prepare packages for
> that. Unless you guys release 1.5.2 RSN, packagers will have to omit
> PostGIS , since current stable version does not work against 9.0.
>
> Regards, Devrim

Hi Devrim,

Did you see the list of tickets that Paul posted? These were the ones
that we decided should be resolved for 1.5.2 before pushing out a
release. Note we need to do a status update on these - I know I myself
have not had a chance to commit fixes for a couple of my tickets. We
then also need to do some testing across various platforms.

In terms of the delay, the 9.0 release timing is really bad for GIS
people. Pretty much everyone has been busy preparing for FOSS4G over the
past month or so, the conference itself was last week, and now we all
caught up in the aftermath...

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS