[postgis-devel] Testing on Windows PostGIS 1RC1

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Tue Sep 21 14:31:13 PDT 2010

Paragon Corporation wrote:

> So far we haven't found any show stoppers.
>
> Some minor things
>
> 1) On the testing against PostgreSQL 9.0 Windows, we get regress failure
> with the wmsservers and the tickets test.
> This seems to be a trivial issue that the PostgreSQL 9.0 is outputing count
> of SELECTS in some places, but everything else is the same, so assume can be
> safely ignored

Could you post some an example diff as it seems interesting that only 2
tests tail.? You may be able to add something to a .psqlrc file to
suppress these for regression.

> 2) Comments are not being installed in the postgresql contrib postgis-1.5
> folder.  They aren't being installed at all.  Though the other scripts are.
> This again is a non-issue since we just manually copy them into our
> distribution anyway, but not sure if other platforms are affected.
>
> I'm wondering if the issue is that we are not doing a make of the comments.
>
> NOTE that for the tar balls, the postgis_comments.sql has already been made.
> So the install in theory should recognize this and just copy it into the
> PostgreSQL install folder even if the build
> Doesn't build the comments.

Remember that because postgis_comments.sql has extra dependencies for
the documentation build that it needs to be installed from the
documentation Makefile. This is now under PGXS control too, so all you
need to do is:

cd doc/
make comments-install

...and you're golden.