[postgis-devel] 8BUI JPEG and PNG raster export

Bborie Park bkpark at ucdavis.edu
Sat Apr 2 12:40:29 PDT 2011

Hey Pierre, Jorge and any other raster people,

I'm reviewing the comments for ST_AsJPEG on the FV.01 working specs
page and have several questions about Pierre's proposition one for
changing the numerical range of a pixel type to 8BUI.

1. Does anyone mind if I implement this?

2. Should I create ST_Maximum and ST_Minimum as it doesn't look like
the max and min values of a raster are cached?

3. I'm thinking of using MapAlgebra to change the numerical range
based upon the max and min pixel values and the convert the resulting
raster to a GDAL raster.  Does this seem right?

Thanks,
bborie

--
Bborie Park