[postgis-devel] PostGIS Raster Project for GSoC 2011

Vipul Raheja vipulraheja at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 08:58:50 PDT 2011

Hi!

I am Vipul Raheja, an undergraduate student at the Lab for Spatial
Informatics at the International Institute of Information Technology,
Hyderabad, India. I have been studying PostGIS since a semester now,
and am really interested in doing the project on implementing the two
raster version of ST_MapAlgebra at GSoC, 2011; and further, making
contributions to the project and the community.

I have been in contact with the developers, Pierre Racine and Jorge
Arevalo for the past few weeks now and have been intensively
discussing the depths and breadths of the project with them. I have
submitted the proposal for the same at:
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2011/acemcloud/1

All kinds of feedback regarding the same is welcome.

Thanks and Regards,

Vipul Raheja
Junior Undergraduate
Computer Science And Engineering (Dual)