[postgis-devel] Planning of raster work to be integrated in PostGIS 2.0

Olivier Courtin olivier.courtin at oslandia.com
Fri Apr 29 14:15:05 PDT 2011

On Apr 29, 2011, at 11:05 PM, Pierre Racine wrote:

> As you probably noticed, Bborie Park from the Center for Vectorborne
> Diseases at the University of California, has been very prolific
> over the last week adding a significant number of functions to work
> with the raster type. He finished all the functions listed below
> (more are to come later).
>
> My question goes as follow:
>
> 1) Should we make the effort (and take the risk) of integrating his
> work for PostGIS 2.0 or should we wait for PostGIS 2.1? Note that
> these functions are not documented yet.

Can't tell,
If it could be ready/stable it surely worth to be included.

> Sub questions are:
>
> 2) When is the feature freeze planned? Is there going to be a branch
> done? How do you usually deal with future stuff to add during a
> release cycle?

As i recall we just didn't do previously,
so imply sandbox or local copy waiting for the next release.

Idea i guess was to focus dev effort on releasing...

But why not a branch if it makes sense.

> 3) When is the code freeze planned?

If we could wait till at least end of May
or better end of June it's fine for me.

--
Olivier