[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #1152: SRID_MAXIMUM should be raised, gserialized_get/set_srid () should be patched and typemod int too

PostGIS trac at osgeo.org
Sun Aug 7 06:46:14 PDT 2011

#1152: SRID_MAXIMUM should be raised, gserialized_get/set_srid () should be
patched and typemod int too
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  vince    |       Owner:  pramsey
      Type:  defect   |      Status:  closed
 Component:  postgis  |     Version:  trunk
Resolution:  invalid  |    Keywords:  srid liblwgeom
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------

Comment(by robe):

 I have a somewhat unpleasant compromise to this which assumes there is
 nothing in the geometry itself being constrained by typmod and its just at
 the typmod column definition level.

 I'm sure Paul and Mark and many others will oppose vehemently.  The issue
 is mostly typmod?  We still support the old way using maintenance
 functions and in fact raster doesn't even support typmod and I don't see
 how it can at least not for a very long while.

 Move the constraint out and have it only apply for geometry columns
 created using typmod.  Then when PostgreSQL finally changes typmod to
 support 64-bit we can relax again. This check is easy to put in for
 maintenance functions to check SRID and if above limit for typmod throw a
 warning and use the old way.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/1152#comment:8>
PostGIS <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/>