[postgis-devel] Common Code

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Tue Aug 9 15:21:32 PDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 09, 2011 at 02:39:54PM -0700, Chris Hodgson wrote:

> We really should fix the caching so that they don't overwrite each
> other, that bug has been around a long time ... however apparently
> we don't exercise that code path much because there aren't too many
> complaints about it. All the more reason for making them more easily
> testable as per Mark's suggestion.
>
> Hopefully strk's lwgeom work aligns well with Mark's plan?

My current plan is just taking liblwgeom out there, with at least
all GEOS (base + extra) functions in it. Attach to it an easily
expiring version (SONAME = liblwgeom-2.0 or similar) and see what
happens.

I don't have enough fundings to add more, and would actually like
to take most interfaces out, for the sake of stability.