[postgis-devel] Languishing in a Linking Labyrinth (lwgeom_init_allocators)

Bryce L Nordgren bnordgren at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 10:27:01 PDT 2011

> I see an void lwgeom_init_allocators(void) in libpgcommon and another
> in raster/rt_pg/rt_pg.c. Try dropping the latter.

Done as of:

http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/1058#comment:15

Note that SVN trunk probably has a duplicate symbol which will prevent
rtpostgis-2.0.so from loading until that is removed from rt_pg.c. :( Sorry
for forgetting. There's a boatload of details.

Writing earlier got me to thinking. One of the patches applied in my repo is
#1161 (moving gserialized_gist to libpgcommon). Note that this patch fixes a
legitimate "unresolved symbol" error when loading rtpostgis-2.0.so. Maybe it
doesn't like the combination of #1163 and #1161?

Urgh. No dice. reverting #1161 doesn't fix it.

Bryce