[postgis-devel] ST_Intersection(raster, geom).val returning integer while expecting float

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Sun Dec 4 16:49:26 PST 2011

On 4-12-2011 19:31, Bborie Park wrote:
> Tom, Only GDAL 1.9 (currently -trunk) supports floating point values.
> 1.8.x and below does not support floating point values. So, you'll
> need to get a checkout of the GDAL trunk to get floating point values
> to work. -bborie _______________________________________________

Tom,
Are you using the PostGIS Windows binaries?  They are compiled with GDAL
trunk, unfortunately
we haven't resolved the issue we are having that GDAL isn't registering our
GEOS install (or PostGIS is not recognizing that our GDAL is compiled with
GEOS)
 (though strangely it does
compile with GEOS dependency since the .dll we build when we do configure
with it won't load without it) .
I think the floating point value thing in order to kick in there is a
conditional in PostGIS or in GDAL, not sure which
or both that checks for GDAL compiled with GEOS.  That is not being picked
up.

Bborie,

please correct me if I misspoke.  Never quite understood that floating point
setting, but never sat down long enough to see what the issue was there
whether its our GDAL compile or PostGIS picking up our GDAL settings.

Thanks,
Regina
http://www.postgis.us