[postgis-devel] UnknownSRID value: 0 or -1 ?

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Fri Dec 9 09:35:21 PST 2011

I've started work on testing dump/restore procedure for getting to 2.0
and realized the data w/out a proper SRID won't come back due to
ensure_srid_geom checks on tables insisting of the SRID being -1
rather than 0.

There's no much we can do to fix this, unless we're willing to
drop the constraints from the user dump.

For this reason I think it would be safer to get our unknown
srid back to -1 before it's too late (srid=0 getting in dumps
and making things even harder).

If somebody has smarter ideas I'm happy to listen to them.

--strk;