[postgis-devel] raster schema ?

Bborie Park dustymugs at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 06:27:16 PST 2011

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 4:28 AM, Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> wrote:
> Did anyone consider moving all of the raster signatures
> into a sperate schema, like it is done for topology ?
>
> It might help upgrades and general cleanness.
> Robe: is this already the case for all extensions in 9.1 ?

In all my PostGIS deployments, I install PostGIS into its own schema
for maintenance reasons so I'm fine with this assuming raster is not
part of the core build of PostGIS as per the notes from the FOSS4G
2011 Code Sprint in the Core vs Raster vs Topology section.

http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/DevFOSS4GCodeSprintNotes

I do find it daunting when I'm looking at the list of functions in a
PostGIS install and see 800+ functions.

-bborie