[postgis-devel] Fixing floating point precision issues under gcc

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Thu Dec 15 02:51:20 PST 2011

On 15/12/11 10:44, Nicklas Avén wrote:

> wow, great!
>
> Is that the issue that have forced us to round most of the regression
> tests? I think x86 has been the problem most of the times.
>
> What about this ticket:
> http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/503
>
> It would be very nice if could get rid of that one I think.
>

> Regards
> Nicklas

Yes, I believe this could be related. The quick test would be to run
configure and then manually add -fexcess-precision=standard to CFLAGS in
liblwgeom/Makefile and PG_CPPFLAGS in postgis/Makefile and then do a
complete make install and test once again.

HTH,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk