[postgis-devel] GIT

Mateusz Łoskot mateusz at loskot.net
Sun Dec 18 15:23:20 PST 2011

On 18 December 2011 13:05, Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 03:51:59PM -0800, Brian Hamlin wrote:
>> Sandro - wildintellect and mloskot are looking for you on IRC to
>> talk about the repositories
>
> I suggest to talk here, seems a good place to discuss in an archived
> and highly inclusive way.

I spotted the github.com/OSGeo org and my first thought was who is behind.
So, we now know this is OSGeo folks initiavite.
Next, I thought perhaps we could host some (read-only) mirrors of SVN
repos there.
I personally don't want to pursue the OSGeo-wide idea of migrating to
Git/GitHub.
I'd wait until a solid critical mass builds up. If it does, then OK.
If it does not, then OK too.

I would stick to some convenient mirrors for now.

Best regards,