[postgis-devel] "userland" schema in raster regression tests

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Mon Dec 19 07:41:35 PST 2011

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 07:35:06AM -0800, Bborie Park wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 7:29 AM, Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> wrote:

> > Isn't it the .sql file under regress/ which is creating the test raster
> > tables ?
> >

> Yes, the sql creates the test raster tables.
>
> In my setup though, no template database has the schema "public" and
> the search_path itself has no "public" in it.  So, when postgis_reg is
> created, it won't have a "public" schema.  Rather it'll use what is in
> template1, which is "userland".

Ok, so yes, it's a confirmed bug.
The bug being: our test runner is not in control of the postmaster.

We'd need to include startup of a custom server for things to be really
isolated. Which in turn would require a custom (and available) unix port
as well... I wonder if the postgresql proper testsuite does something
similar already.

--strk;