[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #825: raster overview -- trying to insert into wrong table (if schema qualify), and not creating rast column

PostGIS trac at osgeo.org
Thu Feb 10 12:44:31 PST 2011

#825: raster overview -- trying to insert into wrong table (if schema qualify),
and not creating rast column
 Reporter:  robe            |       Owner:  pracine
     Type:  defect          |      Status:  new
 I didn't check to see if its the permutation of options we were using, but
 we ran into two issues with raster overviews.

 If we do something like this (basically creating a schema qualified raster
 table

 {{{
 python raster2pgsql.py -r *.jpg -l 2 -t aerials.boston -s 26986 -k 100x160
 -F -I -o bostonaerials_overview.sql
 }}}

 1) It tries to insert into a table called aerials.raster_overviews instead
 of the one that gets pre-installed in public.

 2) Also its not doing an AddRasterColumn call so that the new overview
 table fails because it has not raster column.  Though when I tried this I
 was doing just

 {{{
 python raster2pgsql.py -r *.jpg -l 2 -t boston -s 26986 -k 100x160 -F -I
 -o bostonaerials_overview.sql
 }}}

 So not absolutely sure it would fail for the first case.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/825>
PostGIS <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/>