[postgis-devel] functions for building linestring grids and clipping polygons by a linestring

David Kaplan david.kaplan at ird.fr
Fri Feb 11 07:44:12 PST 2011

Hi,

I recently created several generic functions for building regular
rectangular linestring grids and for cutting up a polygon by a
linestring.  I don't know if functionality similar to these functions
already exists in the development version of postgis, but I thought that
perhaps these would be useful functions to add to postgis.  A .sql file
is attached with the functions.  Please let me know if this type of
"submission" to postgis is of interest and whether or not I can or
should improve on these functions in any way.

Cheers,
David

--
**********************************
David M. Kaplan

Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement
Centre de Recherche Halieutique Mediterraneenne et Tropicale
av. Jean Monnet
B.P. 171
34203 Sete cedex
France