[postgis-devel] [wktraster] Core tests failure for r5841

Jorge Arévalo jorge.arevalo at deimos-space.com
Thu Jan 13 09:30:15 PST 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 6:28 PM, Mateusz Loskot <mateusz at loskot.net> wrote:
> On 13/01/11 17:18, strk wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 06:03:31PM +0100, Jorge Arévalo wrote:
>>
>>> But SHRT_MIN and SHRT_MAX can be real values for pixels. What about
>>> storing NODATA in those cases, like Mateusz suggested?
>>
>> I must have missed the suggestion.
>
> You haven't. I didn't suggested anything, but only listed
> possible solutions I could think of.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> Charter Member of OSGeo, http://osgeo.org
> Member of ACCU, http://accu.org

Yes, it was a list, not a real suggestion. Sorry.

I just say the problem is in places where a pixel value must be read
(or written). So, if you can't get (or set) that pixel's value because
an overflow, you should get (or set) a default
not-valid-as-pixel-value number. Maybe NODATA...

--
Jorge Arévalo
Internet & Mobilty Division, DEIMOS
jorge.arevalo at deimos-space.com