[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #794: Deprecate (or delete) function ST_ModEdgesSplit and add ST_ModEdgeSplit

strk strk at keybit.net
Wed Jan 19 12:32:40 PST 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 07:55:57PM -0000, PostGIS wrote:
>  Reporter:  robe      |       Owner:  strk
>  I consider this a new beginning for topology and just want to shed old
>  confusing baggage so we can add really useful baggage.

I agree on considering this a new beginning, and would like to take the
chance to even re-evaluate the model, as soon as I come out of the water.

For example (just to put out some pointers) all the next/prev_edge fields
in the edge table are currently completely unused, so would like to either
drop them or use it (if tests show they help speeding up some uses).