[postgis-devel] Status of raster mapalgebra?

Nicklas Avén nicklas.aven at jordogskog.no
Mon Jan 31 11:48:25 PST 2011

Hallo raster people

What is the status of map algebra functionality?

Is there any code that could be tested?

Background for the question.

In beginning of Mars I will give a talk about PostGIS i Stockholm. I
will try to tell about the news in 2.0.

Most of my raster experience is about finding clear cuttings by
comparing satellite imagery from different years. It would have been
very nice to be able to show that in PostGIS. The software that were
used for that purpose was something called Enforma that as far as I
understand just compared band for band what had happened since last
year. The different bands give different result depending on what
wave-lengths the photosynthesis uses compared to what is absorbed to
naked ground and so on.

Will there be anything to try during February?

Am I right that map algebra will be the tool to use?

I have no idea how much work there is to do so I don't know what I am
asking for.

Thanks
Nicklas